03 August 2013

Review: J.Cat Beauty Shimmery Powders


I'm back! Ok, I didn't really go anywhere, but blogger has been having a few issues (uploads, doesn't want to upload, half loads my pictures, etc.), it could very well be my browser though. Being it's being nice today, I wanted to get this review up.

On a completely unrelated note to this review, I've dyed my hair dark O.O I actually freaked out a tad because it wasn't suppose to get terribly dark! But I think I will do another post about it :D

J.Cat Beauty Shimmery Powders


Up for review today is J.Cat Beauty Shimmery Powders. As I mentioned in a previous review post on J.Cat Beauty's The Big Eye Pencils, I was fortunate to receive some of their products to review. This happens to be the second half to the eye products that I was sent (I still have lip products, but my skin has decided to be the devil and blemishes pop up around my lips, seriously?!).

Onward to the review!


J.Cat Beauty Shimmery Powders
Transform your look from drab to fab with the Shimmery Powder! Use as an eye shadow or add to your cheekbones to brighten up your complexion. It’s a great way to make your skin glow luminously!
 via J.Cat Beauty website

J.Cat Beauty Shimmery Powders
Base - Marshmallow
SP102 Vanilla
The color is exactly as the name says. Vanilla is a nude-champagne shimmer. And boy is it shimmery! Being J.Cat says that you can use these on your cheeks for a glow, definitely be gentle if you use this one! A light touch works best :D

Overall Verdict: Perfect for the inner corners, I haven't tried it along my cheeks yet simply because the blush I use has shimmer built in already. I'd probably would try this with a blusher that is more matte.


J.Cat Beauty Shimmery Powders
Base - Shimmery Brown
SP108 Earth Mango
Not quite mango in color, more along the lines of an antique copper. Once applied over a base, Earth Mango becomes PIGMENTED! 

Overall Verdict: I was excited over this one simply because I adore penny/copper color eye shadows and pigments. I definitely do like that when wore alone, without a base, it isn't an overkill (perfect for work). Then with a base, it's like WOW! It's brilliant.


J.Cat Beauty Shimmery Powders
Base - Black
SP120 Umber
In the bottle itself, it looks almost like a steel grey... matte. I didn't see any shimmer from the bottle, until I tried it. The shimmer in this appears to be fine micro-glitter. Worn alone, it has a charcol base to it. But as you can see when it's applied over a base, it almost becomes somewhat duo-chrome. The base I used in the swatch is simply a black base, and it shifts the powders base color to almost a steel blue. 

Overall Verdict: Surprised! I definitely didn't know what to expect with this one. It's absolutely gorgeous. Only issue I have is that when it gets on things, it stains a little, so be sure to have wet wipes around!



J.Cat Beauty Shimmery Powders
Light Base - Mint Cookie; Dark - Black
SP111 Persian Green
I saved the best for last! In the bottle and applied without a base, the powder base seems to be along the lines of a pastel spring green, with a hint of gold duo-chrome. When applied over a light color base, the color transforms into a brilliant green-gold. I want to say it reminds me of a mermaids' tail. It isn't quite a duo-chrome as the gold seems to pop up in random spots depending on how the light hits it. When applied over a dark base, the color transforms again. It becomes more of a hunter green with a gold duo-chrome.

Overall Verdict: Out of the 4, this one, by far, is my absolute favorite. The way that this one transforms is amazing. Especially when applied with a light color base. It's just beautiful.

Ingredients: mica aluminum, starch octenylsuccinate, titanium dioxide, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, n-butylparaben, isobutylparaben MAY CONTAIN: yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), ultramarine blue (CI 77007), iron oxides (CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492), manganese violet (CI 77742), chromium oxide green (CI 77288)

Colors: There are a total of 36 colors listed on the website. They are all shimmers though.

Overall Verdict: Definitely surprised! I absolutely love the four that I was sent, I'm especially fond of Persian Green (which I wasn't expecting!). While they do run on the sheer side when worn without a base, they are all brilliant when worn with a base. The only downfall (this can go with any shimmer/glittery shadow though) is the shimmer fall out! Use either a shadow shield or even extra translucent powder under your eyes. I would even suggest applying your under eye concealer AFTER dolling up your eyes. 

Price: $2.99

Availability: jcatbeauty.com

Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for free to review. I am not being compensated. All opinions within this post are 100% honest and are my own.


1 comment:

  1. Looks perfect! I am going to buy some of these, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...