05 September 2013

Swatch: Nicole by OPI Gumdrops Lemon Lolly


Good news everybody! Wait can I use that? I'm using it either way! Once upon a time (aka last week), I learned that Nicole by OPI had put out two exclusive polishes for their Gumdrops collection. That's A Mint and Lemon Lolly. Now, immediately after discovering that Lemon Lolly was a yellow texture polish, I searched the net for information only to discover that this color was exclusive to a store (Shoppers Drug Mart) in Canada. That's A Mint, however has been seen at CVS with the Gumdrops display. I've seen it myself as well.

I had e-mailed Nicole by OPI to see if they would, by chance, release Lemon Lolly state side in the future, there wasn't confirmation from the brand yet, but in the e-mail it said that That's A Mint would be available at Target and CVS (already there), and that Lemon Lolly may be released in the upcoming months.



Well, confirmation time is now! I went to Target today to pick some things up, and there at the beauty section is a WONDERFUL display of Nicole by OPI Gumdrops. What do I see? Lemon Lolly! Truth be told, I nearly ran to the display to snatch it up. They must have just put the display out today because I had been there yesterday in search of something non-beauty related and no such display existed. 

So if you are looking for Lemon Lolly, do check Target or possibly CVS in the next few weeks.

Swatch time!
Nicole by OPI Gumdrops Lemon Lolly
Vivid camera setting
Lemon Lolly is exactly as the name sounds. It is a beautiful yellow texture polish with gold micro-glitter mixed in. The finish itself is a shimmer matte texture. 

Directions: Apply base and two coats of color. Do not use top coat.

Application: Perfect. I had absolutely no issues with this. The first layer starts off a tad sheer, with the gold coming out more. The second coat, it became very opaque. Two coats only.

Nicole by OPI Gumdrops Lemon Lolly
Natural camera setting


Nicole by OPI Gumdrops Lemon Lolly
Macro - natural setting
Overall Verdict: I absolutely LOVE this color! No issues with the application. I'm just so excited to actually have it in my hands finally! What would go perfect with this color is a lovely lime texture polish now :D

Price: Varies. At Target I purchased this for $7.04(USD)

Availability: Target and possibly CVS (US), Shoppers Drug Mart (Canada)

5 comments:

  1. Wow that's such a lovely colour. I found you through th brightside beauty blog hop and I have followed you through GFC.

    Karen x
    http://silvermachine78.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice color http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Gumdrops collection!! I Lilac Gumdrops is my favourite :D

    (I found you on the blog hop and am now following :D)
    http://www.artevolve.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Respectable website you have! This web shop provides high-quality present confront lifts and opposite accessories. We several ties ourselves from " made in China " mamma lifts but create our products in cooperation with 3M.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...