26 June 2013

Review: e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer


Primer review time! Round 3 of the primers, they say third time is a charm right? (Don't tell that to where I work though!) This go about it's e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer that is part of the studio line. 

The question is though, is this one my knight in shining primer?

Lets find out!



e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer
Transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas with the Mineral Infused Face Primer. Developed to combat against excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines. This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a long lasting satin finish.
via e.l.f. website

e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer


Packaging: Comes in e.l.f.'s standard black packaging for their Studio line. The bottle itself, the outside of the tumbler is a clear plastic that encases a white tumbler. The top part of the bottle is a silver plastic that leads up, like steps, to the white pump that matches the inside tumbler. The cap is clear to correspond with the clear, outside tumbler. The amount of product inside is .49 oz.

Color: The one that is available at Target (that I've seen so far) is the clear one. Readily available via e.l.f. website though are three others; Tone Adjusting Green, Brightening Lavender and Radiant Glow.

Ingredients: Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Penoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.*

e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer
Ingredients on the back of the package

*Note: While the website itself states that there are parabens in the primer, the packaging (above) does not mention parabens being present.

Directions:  Apply to clear skin prior to makeup application. Use a small amount and blend evenly all over the face for a smooth and flawless base. For best results, you may need to pump the component several times before product dispenses.

e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer

Formula/Texture: The primer itself is gel like, with a slick feeling to it from the silica. Once on the skin, the texture is very smooth, but it does sink in quickly.

Overall Verdict: I really do love this primer! I've been using it for a little over a month (just about) and I feel confidant in saying that. While the website claims that the product has parabens in it, the box itself doesn't say such, which is what I went by when I purchased it as my skin has issues with parabens. I can also, safely say, that I haven't had any over the top blemishes either. Besides that, I notice a difference with the wear time on my foundation, and I actually put this through the ultimate test a week ago. Crying. Yes, I actually forgot to put the primer on a little over a week ago and received some bad news, tear stains galore! It was a horrible mess. Yesterday (primer being under the foundation), while I was watching something, I shed a few tears (seriously, show me anything with animals and I become a blubbering mess!), foundation AND concealer stayed in place. This was definitely worth the money!

Price: $6.00

Availability: Target or e.l.f. website

 

1 comment:

  1. Does this primer help with dry patches? I bought a cream foundation that I thought would work well with my dry/normal skin. However, it only enhanced dry areas! I really want to find something that will make my foundation work because it wasn't cheap.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...