10 December 2013

Review: Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

http://beautyparfait.blogspot.com/p/disclaimer.htmlhttp://beautyparfait.blogspot.com/p/disclaimer.html

Review time! Just for the record, photos, save for one, were taken with a Nikon L810 that I'm borrowing right now, and I can say, now I know why Nikon is so awesome.

Anyway, up for review is Rimmel London's Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation. Now, I've used Rimmel concealer before, but never one of their foundations, let alone a mousse foundation. I was both excited and a tad apprehensive due to the fact that when I would try to color match to any of the Rimmel foundations before, the lightest shade would still be too dark for my skin tone.

So, onward to the review!

Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation
A feather light, oil free formula with an airy mousse texture that won’t feel heavy or greasy. Delivers all day shine control and blends flawlessly for a natural looking matte finish. Minimizes the appearance of pores. The weight is over – finally, shine has met its matte.

via Rimmel London

Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

Packaging: What you get is a white tube that holds 1 fl. oz of product in it. From the center going towards the cap is what appears to be a close color match to what the actual foundation tone is. The twist cap, along with the text and accents is purple, not an over the top purple, but definitely eye catching.

Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

Ingredients: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DICAPRYLYL ETHER, AQUA/WATER/EAU, ISODODECANE, TALC, TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 BEESWAX, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, KAOLIN, TRIBEHENIN, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POLYPROPYLENE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DIMETHICONOL, LAURETH-4, BHT, TOCOPHEROL.
[May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

Texture/Formula: Smooth, with a lightness to it. Definitely a mousse feel. It is a little thick, but can be sheered out to a medium coverage.

Shades: There are a total of 8 shades available right now. Light Ivory (091), Ivory (100), Soft Beige (200), Sand (300), Light Porcelain (010), True Ivory (103), Classic Beige (201), True Beige (203)

How to Apply: The site suggests that you can use either your fingertips or a brush to apply the foundation, however the best technique for me has been applying it with [clean] fingers then buffing the foundation in with a brush. And just to be clear, you only need a small amount.

Overall Verdict: I was definitely iffy at first when I got this in the mail from Influenster. Normally the lightest shade that Rimmel has to offer tends to be a shade or two off from my skin tone. I received Light Ivory (091), and while I was on the fence, the tone isn't that far off from my own. I really didn't have high hopes though, first application I used my regular foundation brush, applying it as I normally would. For me, bad idea. Too much went on, and I felt like I had a mask on. I didn't go back to it right away, but when I did, I tried it with my fingers instead. MUCH BETTER. Coupled with a simple buffing with my foundation brush made the foundation work perfectly. It is a light-weight formula. While I normally steer clear of Matte foundations during the cold/winter months simply because I have dry skin, and this foundation will pick up on any dry areas. I've noticed though if I put enough moisturizer on and couple it with a primer, it is not that bad then.
Taken 12/4/13 with my Samsung Galaxy S3. No Filter
.
The biggest plus with this foundation is that it can double as a concealer. When I wear this foundation, I normally top my under eye concealer off with this foundation for extra coverage.

Price: Between $4.99 to $7.99; I haven't seen the foundation in store yet, so I'm basing the price on the other foundations that Rimmel offers.

Availability: Wherever Rimmel London is sold.


http://influenster.com


Disclaimer: Products mentioned in this post were sent to me for testing purposes from Influenster.

1 comment:

  1. haven't heard of this foundation yet, but it certainly look lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...