05 January 2013

Review: N.Y.C. SHOW TIME Volumizing Mascara

Back in December I needed to find a replacement for my HG mascara which seems to always be sold out. I've tried several high end mascaras which, I must say, I prefer a drug store brand over them.

I ended up buying N.Y.C. Show Time Voluminous Mascara in Extreme Black (I believe it was no more than $3.99 at Target, you can also find N.Y.C. sold at CVS). Sadly I didn't keep the packaging, I didn't think I'd ever start a blog.

One thing I cringe at with a mascara is flaking and smudging. I've had my share of raccoon eyes while I was at work because a mascara wore off to my lower lash line. One of the benefits N.Y.C. claims is that this mascara is Flake-proof and smudge-proof for an all-night-long glamorous look. I have to say that this claim is true. I haven't had any flaking nor smudging during the time that I've been wearing it (over two weeks) and I have given this mascara a run for it's money this past week. It had held up beautifully.

Next claim is Dual Power Complex strengthens and thickens lashes. By strengthens, if they mean that your eyelashes won't pluck out while you're trying to get stubborn eyeliner off, then I'd have to say that this is true as well. If this claim is trying to indicate that this mascara thickens your natural lashes, then I'd have to say, no. I haven't witnessed any thickening to my natural lashes since using this mascara.

Third, Volumized lashes up to 8 times without clumping. I haven't witnessed any clumping, perhaps minor that could easily be fixed with a mascara comb. However, the volumizing 8 times claim, I would say that it does volumize, but not to the point of 8 times. Then again, I don't know how many times you're to apply the mascara to achieve this 8 times volume.

Before N.Y.C. Show Time Volumizing Mascara
After N.Y.C. Show Time Volumizing Mascara









Fourth, High Control Brush separates and builds instant volume for a fabulous and all-out-drama look. The brush to me, isn't anything special. I've used mascaras that have similar brushes, so I don't see how this could be a "High Control Brush". I do, however, like that it's a bristle brush and not a rubber one (I'm not fond of them). I haven't witnessed the claimed "all-out-drama" either.

The final two benefits listed, I can't really say anything about one, Ophthalmologist tested. Suitable for sensitive eyes and lens wearers. I do have sensitive eyes, and haven't had any trouble with the mascara. I don't wear contacts, so I can't say anything in regards to that.

I honestly see this as becoming my new HG mascara. I have no complaints about it at all. Then again I'm not terribly picky. As long as a mascara doesn't flake and doesn't smudge, I'm very satisfied with it. It does volumize, but in my experience, not to the claimed 8 times. 

So, for the final bit, would I repurchase again? Absolutely.

Product mentioned in this review was purchased by myself from Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...