02 July 2013

Pictorial: Ba-na-na! ... Papple? Despicable Me Minions Inspired




The original plan (when Despicable Me came out) had been that my co-workers and myself were all going to go, but I wasn't able to make it, so I went with my Mom to see it so I wouldn't be left out of the discussion. They didn't get to see it! ;x But I absolutely loved the movie, especially the minions! Not to mention Agnes (I will have a pictorial for her and her unicorn!). So, when the countdown began for Despicable Me 2 started, I wanted to do a pictorial the day before the release.

The eye inspired look is pretty much simple, seeing as the minions are yellow, with blue overalls, and goggles. I tried to incorporate the silver/grey in for the goggles, but I wanted it to be subtle, seeing as the yellow dominates, not to mention the vibrant blue that I used.

I wanted to use products that were easily accessible to anyone, not to mention there are an array of alternatives out there.

Step 1. Prime the eye. I used Milani's Eyeshadow Primer.

Step 2. I used two different eye pencils that are from J.Cat Beauty called The Big Eye Pencil. The white is called Marshmallow and the sky blue is called Mint Cookie. I used Mint Cookie, and lined my upper lash line, trying to keep it thin towards the inner corner, and thickened it towards the outer corner. Using my Real Techniques Deailer brush, I loaded it with Mint Cookie and carefully went along my lower lash line avoiding the inner corner area.

Then taking Marshmallow, I (again) used my Real Techniques Detailer Brush, loaded it up with the color, and applied it that way instead of using the pencil directly. This gives more control being I didn't want to wash out Mint Cookie. If a bit of the white pencil got onto Mint Cookie, I carefully went back over the color with the pencil, using the tip as much as I could.

Step 3. Taking a very vibrant blue from City Color Special Effect Bright Eye Colors Palette (Color Flash), I loaded my Real Techniques Accent Brush up, and gently patted the color onto Mint Cookie. I did a few swipes of this to make sure it was vibrant enough.

Step 4. Using the same City Color palette from above, I used the yellow in that palette. I loaded it onto my (I think) Tech Studio Smudge brush (I purchased it at Target ages ago) and gently patted it onto the rest of the eye lid, avoiding the blue and the inner corner. This color was not brought down to the lower lash line. I also used the yellow from Wet n Wild Bright Idea palette (LE I believe), not pictured. I only did this to make sure the yellow was intense against the blue.

Step 5/6. For the white I used the same palette as above, plus the same smudge brush and placed the white into the inner corner, blending it into the yellow, then into the blue on the lower lash line. Next to the white is the silver/grey that I used to represent the goggles. I used my e.l.f. Contour Brush (studio line), and using windshield wiper motions, just went back and for in the crease. This comes across as a very sheer grey, so it took a few times to get the color to build up.

Step 7/8. I lined my eyes using Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Rockstar. Honestly, an electric blue would work better on the lower lash line, I didn't have one on hand though. For mascara I used Wet n Wild Mega Impact Mascara, two coats to the top and a very light coat to the bottom.

And you're done!

Products Used
  • Milani Eyeshadow Primer
  • J.Cat Beauty The Big Eye Pencil in Marshmallow
  • J.Cat Beauty The Big Eye Pencil in Mint Cookie
  • Color Flash eyeshadow palette from City Color
  • Wet n Wild Bright Idea Trio Palette
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Rockstar
  • Wet n Wild Mega Impact Mascara
 If anyone else has a Despicable Me Inspired look (nails included!) 
feel free to post a link in the comments.
When I do my Agnes pictorial I will include the links!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...