13 February 2013

Haul: Nail Polish from Walmart

Today has been an up and down day for me. Craziness at work, then excitement on twitter. Truth be told, I'm just now figuring out my other camera that I've had for, I believe, 3 years! I figured out how to take close up macros without it distorting on me. The only thing I'm having an issue with is the flash. I would just love to use one camera!

ANYWHO! My Mom and I took a trip to Walmart, and while I was in awe of the FLOWER by Drew Barrymore display, going back and forth to the display, driving my Mother bonkers. I ended up buying three polishes... not from Flower Beauty. Eep! Maybe next time?


I was originally only going to purchase two (Pure Ice & the N.Y.C. polishes), but the CoverGirl Polish caught my eye.

Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss (yes the bottle says gloss) in Timeless Rubies ($4.97). This isn't a ruby color though, I'd have to say this is more along the line of a rose copper color with silver micro glitters. It translates darker in the bottle than in real life. In the bottle it almost comes across as having a slight duo-chrome, which could hold true with the way the light hits the polish giving it more of a rosy appearance than copper. It's really hard to describe, but I fell in love with the color and can't wait to wear it.

N.Y.C. (New York Color) Long Wearing Nail Enamel in Pink Promenade ($.97). A deep hot pink (with how the flash kept hitting it, I'd say it has a blue hue/undertone to it) creme. It is however, streaky. I had to add a third layer to smooth everything out on the nail plate.

Pure Ice in Come Closer ($1.97). This one is one of the newest 2013 polishes. On the Pure Ice website, Come Closer is described as soft pink hex glitter with light pink & silver holo diamonds in a clear base. This is, without a doubt, true to words. It is gorgeous and I can't wait to wear it. I'm hoping to wear this over another color for Valentine's Day.


Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this post were purchased by myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...