06 February 2013

Review: E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Set in Earthly

Probably about a little more than a year ago, I ended up purchasing one of the E.L.F. Mineral Eye Shadow sets that was available at Target. The set name was Earthly and came as a 3 piece. I believe I only used the shadows once after I made the purchase. This morning though I decided to use them again.

I have no idea why I didn't use them besides that one time before! In fact, I can't recall why I didn't use them more often.



In the set you get two mineral eye shadow (loose) and one eye shadow brush. I own several other E.L.F. brushes and love them, sadly though this one came defective. I'm not sure if it was just the set I purchased or if this happened to anyone else. It's an easy fix though.


With that aside, onto the shadows!

What E.L.F. says about their mineral eye shadows:
Bring a touch of natural beauty to your eyes with these natural mineral eyeshadow shades that add subtle highlights for daytime or increased drama for night. With key vitamins A, B, C & E these eyeshadows hydrate and minimize the appearance of fine lines. Available in an array of light-reflecting color options they can be worn wet or dry, together or alone, for countless shimmering styles and trends. The all natural consistency makes them incredibly easy to apply and blend for a flawless finish. All our mineral makeup is 100% mineral based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes.
- [source]

The first shadow that the Earthly set comes with, is the sets namesake. Earthly.





Color: I would describe this as a sage type color with a gold sheen to it, along with silver glitter particles.
 
Texture: Smooth, buttery with a powder-like feel. There is glitter in there, but it's almost like a finely milled glitter.

Pigmentation: Completely pigmented! For the swatch, I didn't use any primer on my hand. 

Next color is Caffeinated


Color: A rich bronze-brown with the same silver glitter particles mixed into it.

Texture: The very same as Earthly.

Pigmentation: INSANELY pigmented! Letting the swatch wear off, it does leave a slight tint to my skin, I'm sure this is only due to me not washing it off or removing it with make-up remover/baby wipe.

Overall impression of both shadows? I absolutely love both, even more so in love with Caffeinated. Both are rich in color and in pigmentation, it's insane. They blend easily, and look beautiful together. These two make me want to purchase more from the mineral eye shadow line!

Price of the set: I believe it was around $5.00

Price of individual shadow: $3.00

Essential Eye Shadow Brush: $1.00

Would I suggest these Mineral eye shadows to someone else? YES! As long as you don't mind shimmery eye shadows.

Disclaimer: Products mentioned in this review were purchased by myself.

3 comments:

  1. Ive not seen anything like this from elf. I didnt know they did eye shadow brushes!
    Great review!

    Pipp xx
    http://pippjones281190.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The $1.00USD brushes are a hit and miss, but the studio line brushes are fantastic.

      Definitely check their website, http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk

      Delete
  2. Awesome review I never order anything from their mineral line honestly because I thought it would lack color

    Briandamakeupartist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...