23 February 2013

Haul/Review: Polish Haul from Walgreens

I want to say, depending on the Walgreens you go to, definitely check in with the beauty adviser there. The one I went to, Sasha was so very sweet and informed me that she had a coupon at the register for Wet n Wild products. From what I understand, this coupon is something they keep near the register and isn't displayed anywhere.

Went to Walgreens for one item, ended up with three. Definitely not a bad thing. Especially since this one had more updated displays and newer products. 


Wet n Wild Coloricon Nail Color ($1.99/$2.99) in Frosted Over.

Wet n Wild Fastdry Nail Color ($1.99) in SaGreena the Teenage Witch.

Sinful Colors ($.99/$1.99) in Fantasy.

Now, on to the mini-reviews!



Sinful Colors in Fantasy
Sinful Colors has a Glitter collection that is out right now (it's new to me) and I ended up picking up Fantasy. It caught my eye due to the appearance of a glitter with a duochrome type of effect.

This actually reminded me of my favorite glitter polish, Strobe Light by Sally Hansen, however, the base which appears to be made up of fine silvery micro-glitter. I believe the base is where the duochrome comes in because under light, there is definitely a pink sparkle behind the silver and the glitter. The chunkier glitter flecks are made up of pinks, blues and gold in both hexagons and circular. 

Upon swatching, the formula is thick, which actually made it easier for me to build up the swatch without having to add layer after layer. Only two coats were used to get what is in the picture.

Overall Result? I love it, especially because there's a peek of a duochrome within the micro-glitter.

Wet n Wild Coloricon in Frosted Over
When I first saw this new collection that was coming out, I was excited. I figured I wouldn't actually see the collection, mostly due to the Walgreens in town, never either A. get the new collections, or B. get the collections and don't bother to put them on the shelves. It was BEYOND difficult to pick which one I wanted. I finally decided on Frosted Over.

Frosted Over is a sheer finely milled teal duochrome glitter with blue and pink flecks. There are times where the duochrome comes across as pink depending on how the light hits it. 

The formula is thick, but not as thick as Fantasy. It is sheer, and took 6 coats to get the color opaque enough that you couldn't see the nail bed under it (lets face it, my nails are stained even though I wear base coats).

Overall Result? LOVE it! However, I'm not terribly fond of the packaging. Little awkward to handle when trying to capture a picture of the swatches. Not to mention the TAG! It's a bit annoying, but the name of the polish is on it. I don't understand why they couldn't put the name on the bottom of the bottle though.

Wet n Wild Fastdry in SaGreena the Teenage Witch
Now, there is a reason why I picked this one up. On Thursday night, I ran into a childhood friend who told me if I was looking at polish to make sure I get green. Think that's the first time a guy would even care about polish. When I got home, I went through my stash because I KNOW I have plenty of green polishes, besides pinks and reds, green is the other dominate color in my stash. I pulled all the different greens out, to which my Mother tells me you don't have an emerald (which is amusing because she's colorblind). THANKS MOM. So, I found this to fill the supposed void in my collection (I still say I have one though).

The formula for this was thin, sheer and runny (very runny). I've used other Fastdry polishes before and never encountered this. I'd wipe the brush off from both sides, start painting and it was like a waterfall making a pool on my nail! It took a little bit of effort, but the end result was worth it. It took 4 coats for the color to be opaque, but to me it was worth it, the colors is gorgeous!

Overall Result? I'm absolutely in love with the color, and as I mentioned it takes a bit of effort to get this polish not to create a river runs through it on your nail, but it's worth it at the end.

Disclaimer: Products mentioned in this post were purchased by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...