05 February 2013

Beauty: Everyday Make-up

While waiting for my batteries to charge on BOTH of my cameras (they have a knack of dying when I want to take photos for a review), I loaded up the memory card to my laptop and pulled one of the photos I took before the batteries died. Wasn't planning on doing this, but it'd break up the review mood I've been in.

This post is dedicated to my everyday make-up. Just the products I wear everyday. The only thing that I constantly change is my eyeshadows. I don't have a set eyeshadow that I wear to work all the time. The weekend is another story.

So, onward and upward!


Foundation: My HG foundation is normally Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage in Fair, however I ended up running out (cries), so now what has taken it's place is Revlon Colorstay Whipped in #110 Ivory. It isn't up there with my HG foundation, especially in this blistery cold weather, it dries out my skin more. But I do like it, the cover is good, and the color match doesn't make me look like a martian. I apply this using my Buffing Brush from Real Techniques (not pictured).

Concealer: M.A.C. Studio Finish Concealer in NW15. This is my second one and I love this concealer. I use it for any spots or discoloration. For that I use my Pixel-Pointed Eyeliner Brush from Real Techniques (not pictured. Wait what? Yes, I use an eyeliner brush for any spots, it works best for me in that sense. Even using this for my under eye area (aka dark circles because I stay up too long, whoops), using Base Shadow Brush from Real Techniques (not pictured) to apply it, then I blend in with my ring finger.

Eyeshadow Primer: PIXI Lid Last Shadow Pen, in either Peach Pavé or Shell Sheen [review]. I normally don't have to do any blending, but if anything I just use my finger to melt the product down slightly.

Eyeshadow: Varies. For work though, I don't wear ultra bright colors, it's normally real simple and neutral.

Mascara: My HG mascara (yes I'm declaring it right now I LOVE IT) N.Y.C. Volumizing Mascara [review]. Two coats and trying to get as close to the lash line as possible to avoid having to use eye liner. Normally works.

Blush: I do change my blush at least twice a year. I have a spring/summer blush then a fall/winter blush. So, right now I'm using M.A.C. Bite of an Apple which was a limited edition from their Disney Villains collection. Love, love the color, but it is BEYOND pigmented (super duper gentle hand needed with this), a quick pat onto a stippling brush (No name from Target), and that serves as enough for both cheeks.

Lips: Since the first I've been reaching for my Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in Plum. It just gives a hint of color, while moisturizing. Definitely needed being it's been cold here in New Jersey.

And that's it, those are all the products that I use, and I'm normally done and out the door in 7 minutes (I don't count doing my hair because that's the most time consuming task of the morning).

Nothing really changes during the weekend, I just take more time on my eyes because I'm not in a rush to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...