15 February 2013

Look: Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day, or belated Valentine's Day depending on where you live.

I hope everyone had a fantastic day!

For me, I had to work, otherwise this post would have been up sooner. Instead of my normal 9am-5pm, I worked the "night" shift instead. So, I was able to spend a little more time on my make-up instead of the slap on and out the door that I normally do.



We'll start with cheeks first.


Blush: M.A.C. Powder Blush in Bite of an Apple (Disney Villains)
Highlight: Tarte Amazonian Clay Shimmering Powder in Champagne

I don't use a contour, mainly because I haven't found one that I actually like, or one that I don't have to battle to get it to look right on my skin tone (for reference I'm a NW15).


Lips: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum

I didn't want something too bold, or something too neutral so I ended up going with Revlon's Lip Butter in the color Sugar Plum. This was actually the first Lip Butter I bought and I still love it. I apologize that there isn't a lip swatch, I haven't quite conquered those sorts of photos yet where I don't look all... wonky.
 

Primer: PIXI Beauty Lid Last Shadow Pen in Peach Pavé
Pigment: M.A.C. Pigment in Shimmertime
Eyeshadow: PIXI Beauty in Shades of Taupe (I used the two darker shades)
Eyeliner: M.A.C. Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline
Mascara: N.Y.C. Show Time Volumizing Mascara in Extreme Black

Swatches  

End Result
And finally the nails.


Nails: Zoya in the color Lisa

Honestly, out of all the holidays, I always find Valentine's Day the hardest as to what I'll do with my nails. I had about 13 different shades of reds and pinks in front of me, and just couldn't figure out what to do. I finally picked up Lisa, which Zoya describes as An iridescent combination of deep raspberry pink, bright candy apple red and subtle gold tones in a dazzling sparkle finish. Basically a gorgeous combination of both red and pink, mixing both worlds which I had in front of me. To me that was a happy medium.

End Result

Disclaimer: Products in this post were purchased by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...