06 July 2013

Review: Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer



I hope everyone had a fantastic July 4th if you're in the states! I spent mine at work ;x Which is fine, I did see fireworks on the way home though.

So! While I had been at Walgreens a while ago (maybe 2 weeks or so ago?), I saw that they had got in new products from Rimmel London. Other Walgreens had full displays of various new products, mine however, did not, or they're hiding it in the backroom. They did have the display out for the Show Off Lip Lacquers.
Many have been waiting for these Lip Lacquers to come over state side from the U.K.

What I would love to know is, why did Rimmel change the name from Apocalips to Show Off though. I honestly prefer the name Apocalips. That's just me though.

Anyway, on to the review!




Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer Aurora

The earth-shattering lip lacquer from Rimmel London combining the intense color of lipstick with a lacquer like shine, Show Off Lip Lacquer is an explosive make-up phenomenon that represents the end of color as you know it.  Packed with pure color pigments, its lusciously creamy, conditioning formula promises a never-before combination of color, shine and comfort that last and last.
via Drugstore.com

Packaging: The tube of the lip lacquer is pretty standard, half of the tube is clear so you can see the color that you are purchasing, while the clear fades into black which then goes up to the twist cap. The cap itself has a design to it closer to the top, it reminds me of a raw gem stone.

Probably one of the most ingenious (my opinion) design to the tube is the fact that when the cap is pulled up (or open) there is an area that SHOULD start out clear, there should be no product visible in this little chamber if the product new. If you find product in the chamber, then there's a definite chance that the product has been used, swatched or someone was just playing with it.

The doe foot applicator has a well to it that will house more product for you to put on as well, so I don't believe there should be much reason for going back and forth from the lips to the tube to apply more.

Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer Aurora

Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trisostearyl Citrate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ozokerite, Kaolin, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Parfum/Fragrance, Ascorbyl Phosphate, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparben, Tocopherol, Ethylparben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tin Oxide, May Contain (+/-):, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), D&C Red No. 7 Calcium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red No. 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), FD&C Yellow No 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), D&C Red 27 Aluminum Lake (CI 45410), D&C Red No. 33 Aluminum Lake (CI 17200), FD&C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 42090), FD&C Yellow No. 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985), Carmine (CI 75470)

Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer Aurora
 
Color: After going back and forth with colors (there's 14 shades total), I finally settled with Aurora. This is one of the Show Offs that has a satin-matte finish. I'll do my best to describe the color, I don't know how accurate it will be though ;x  It comes across as a deep pink-mauve, almost like a terracotta pink (does that make sense?). It's vibrant, but not loud, but noticeable. I want to say that it borders the "safe for work" colors.

Fragrance: There is a definite scent to the lip lacquer. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it reminds me of watermelon rind.

Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer Aurora
Formula/Texture: This is a very pigmented Lip Lacquer, a little goes a long way. The formula isn't thick, but it isn't thin, and has a creamy texture. From wearing it, it definitely isn't sticky, but rather smooth.

Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer Aurora
Overall Verdict: I absolutely love this lip lacquer and have worn it several times during the week to work. The wear time is a bit longer than my lip glosses and lip sticks. I want to stay that wears down to what looks like a matte stain. That could just be with me, but it stayed gloss for about an hour after applying it. The application is a breeze. Not to mention, playing around with this, I've discovered that a tiny amount gives you a beautiful tint to the lips without it being too bold, perfect to go with a smokey eye! Otherwise, I usually wear this while wearing a tone down eye look. I'm definitely going back for other shades!
Price: $4.99 (price varies depending on where you purchase)
Availability: Walgreens or wherever Rimmel London is Sold.

5 comments:

  1. I'm So jealous! I can't believe we only get 8 shades here in the uk and not the 14 you get!

    Aurora is definitely the shade I Wish we had the most, out of the US exclusives, it's stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous!!! Beautiful color choice, I must say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color! It looks great on you!!

    I'm following your blog now. Hope you can follow back!

    XOXO ♥ Kia

    http://www.cosmoglossblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm over from the Friday blog hop from Tawny's Tid Bits. So glad I clicked on your blog! I'm going to have to try it out! The color is beautiful!! I'm a bit of a makeup junkie myself. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post! Thanks for sharing this imaginary post that describes package design services. Point of sale display also attracts the visitors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...