17 May 2013

For The Love Of: Hair Care

Not exactly a cleaver title, but it works for me! Yup, you guessed it, this is basically what I do to try and take care of my hair.

Quick history of my hair, I originally had pin straight hair that went down to my waist. Wouldn't take a curl or anything. Super thick, coarse and luscious. Then I went for a drastic change, I got my hair cut up to my chin. Boy did I regret it. It was a blunt cut and just looked terrible on my round face.

My hair has been frosted, highlighted and dyed, since I was 13. Majority of all this, my Mother did, as well as my Grandfather. He actually enjoyed the frosting because of the OH SO LOVELY frosting cap that you'd hook the hair through. That thing was the DEVIL!

My hair has been, blonde, red, bleached, black, purple, turquoise, blue, red with pink streaks, black with various under layers of multiple colors. I've also had the infamous platinum skunk streak in the front a la Rogue.

What it comes down to is, my hair is damaged. The worst of the bleaching was when my hair had been dyed black, and the dye actually stained the hair. My Mom actually did two processes of bleach to get the black dye out of my hair. I don't know what she did, but my hair was never burned or brittle from the processes.

So, enough of my blabbling! Curious about the products I use to help my damage hair? Here we go! And as a quick note, I don't use "high-end" products. I've tried many, and they just don't mesh well with my hair.

Shampoo

Courtesy of Google, edited for Beauty Parfait
Yeah, I use three different shampoos. Not at the same time though! Haha. I alternate between two Volume shampoos then have a "cleaning" shampoo to get all the build up out of my hair.

Suave Volumizing Shampoo, Aloe + Ginseng
This volumizing shampoo is infused with 100% natural aloe vera & ginseng, which are known for their rejuvenating properties.  It cleanses without heaviness for hair that's full of body.
Pantene Pro-V Fine Hair Solutions Volume Shampoo
System for 24 hour full, thick body.  Gently cleans with zero heavy build up.  Preps fine hair for an amplified look inspired by collagen.  Provides manageability so you can create your full bodied style.  With Pro-Vitamins + Collagen pumping effect. 100% Weightless body for fine hair.
 Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Hair Shampoo
Come clean with Drama Clean normal hair shampoo, fused with a combination of citrus blossom and green tea for hair that is renewed, refreshed and ready to go.  Get light, lush locks with all the lather, but none of the gunk.  This little soap opera isn't over yet!  After lathering up with this normal hair shampoo, try the equally fresh-headed conditioner.

Conditioner
Courtesy of Google
 For conditioners I only use one, for now. I just purchased a different brand of conditioner that I found at Harmon's for... $.92 :O!

Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smoothing Conditioner
Natural keratin protein in hair depletes over time leaving it unmanageable, frizzy,  and harder to style.
This deep nourishing conditioner, formulated with Keralock Technology, infuses keratin and seals the hair cuticle from the outside. Leaves hair soft, smooth and shiny.

Treatments/Serums

Courtesy of Google, edited for Beauty Parfait
 Right now I use two different treatments/serums. I alternate between the two.

Organix Repairing Awaphu Ginger Dry Styling Oil - Review

A light and dry styling treatment specially formulated with deeply moisturizing oil extracted from the Hawaiian awapuhi ginger plant, plus hydrolyzed keratin proteins to strengthen the hair from within leaving it bouncy, super soft and shiny!
 Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Heat Defense Leave-In Conditioner
Natural keratin protein in hair depletes over time leaving it unmanageable, frizzy,  and harder to style.
This dual-action lightweight formula, enriched with Keralock™  Technology, both infuses keratin inside the hair fiber for ultimate moisturization and helps protect hair while heat styling.
 If anyone has any suggests to products I should try, I'm open! 
Also, if anyone would like to see any reviews from anything mentioned above, please leave a comment!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alchemy, I really liked your blog For The Love of Hair Care. Thanks for sharing your hair care routine with us.

    You are right Keratin Infusion Smoothing Conditioner infuses keratin and leaves hair soft, smooth and shiny.

    Hair Stylist Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friends! The best hair removal clinic in Delhi is Klinik Esthetika , this clinic an use the laser technology to remove the hair, This clinic was removed my hair due to laser technology and I am looking smart and gorgeous. Thanks to Klinik Esthetika for Laser Hair Removal .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...