06 May 2013

Review: ModelCo Cheek & Lip Tint


Using the way back when time machine, I received a Glossybox that I had won during a Glossybox chat at the end of March. One of the items in the box was the ModelCo Cheek + Lip Tint. 

Now, I'm insanely leery of cheek tints mainly because the one time I used one it turned into a disaster. Probably because I was using it over a powder foundation. It was just a messy situation. So putting that behind me, I finally gave this one a test run.

Review time!




ModelCo Cheek & Lip Tint
ModelCo CHEEK & LIPS is a lightweight, dual purpose cheek and lip tint that delivers an instant and natural rosy glow to suit any skin tone. The gel formulation glides on smoothly, leaving the perfect amount of sheer colour for naturally flushed cheeks and a lightly stained lip.
CHEEK & LIPS is a smart must-have essential for any beauty bag, delivering playfully appealing colour that last for hours. The sheer formulation provides an instant splash of colour for a super long-lasting, no-mess finish. Use CHEEK & LIPS to create a subtle wash of colour or layer for a deeper, more intense flush.
via ModelCo Website.

ModelCo Cheek & Lip Tint
Packaging: Self explainatory tube with a very sleek mirrored and pink design. I'm not sure if this is the full size or not, but the amount of product in the tube is 10ml/0.33fl. oz. Even though it's sleek looking, the mirrored look for the packaging can make it difficult to read the pink font.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, PEG-40, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Disodium ETA, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol; May Contain (+/-): Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

ModelCo Cheek & Lip Tint
Directions: I don't know if this is typical for cheek tints, but with this one you're meant to dab (gently) the product onto the cheeks (and lips) with a tapping motion. Do not rub the product in. 

ModelCo Cheek & Lip Tint
Texture/Formula: The tint (why do I keep wanting to type tink) comes out like a liquid jelly at first glance, if it isn't worked with quickly then it is quick to stain. Once the tint is dry, it gives a very natural flushed finish.
ModelCo Cheek & Lip Tint
Color: Rosy Red is what it says on the box, and from looking on ModelCo's website I don't see any other colors being listed. Safe to assume that one color fits all? It comes out of the tube looking like a very deep red (my Mother asked me if it was blood), but when it is sheered out it's a beautiful light rose color that is buildable.

Scent: The tint has a very sweet scent. Not overly sweet, but nice sweet. Not over powering or anything.

Lasting Power: I put this on around 10am on Saturday and wore it until 12am. I can definitely say that it never faded AT ALL.

ModelCo Cheek & Lip Tint
Overall Verdict: I personally like this as a cheek tint. I tried it on the lips and it seems extremely drying. Not to mention I didn't see much of a tint to my lips either. For the cheeks, I love it. It is extremely possible to put too much product on, especially if you're as fair as I am. I easily fixed it though with the remaining foundation that was on my brush. This isn't a product though that I'll be tossing into my daily routine though because it contains parabens (only one though). I do really like it though, the scent is nice and I love the flush color that it gives.

Price: $24.00

Availability: ModelCo Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...