15 May 2013

Review: Relogy Natural Acne Treatment


Next item up for auction- no no no.

The next product that I wanted to review from iFabbo was Relogy Natural Acne Treatment. I actually browsed around before making the choice though because not only am I all for trying an acne treatment, but I'm also iffy on trying one.

So, when I received this in the mail, I was actually going through a rough bout of blemishes. Perfect time to give this ago right?

Onward to the review and if the products worked for me.



 Relogy Natural Acne Treatment
 What Relogy site says... 
Relogy (reh-oh-jee) works. It's a fast, gentle, natural acne system.  In just 2 easy steps, breakouts, irritation and redness, buh-bye! Relogy is different from ordinary acne treatments.  The secret:  Relogy combines next generation acne treatment with some of the hottest trends in the natural skincare science, to bring you fast acne clearing results you can count, plus healthy, smooth, great-looking skin.  It's everything you need for the results you want.
 So, lets start with Step 1 of the treatment.

Relogy Natural Acne Treatment
Dual Action Treatment Foam
Relogy's Treatment Foam uses the power of oxygenated bubbles to penetrate deep into your pores to start clearing acne immediately.  This step also heals, nourishes, and makes your skin look and feel softer, smoother and healthier.  Use it as a cleanser with rinsing, or just apply and let it dry!
 via Relogy Website

Ingredients: Water, Salicylic Acid (from Willow Tree Bark), Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Laurel Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Clycoside, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Meadownfoam Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methyl Paraben, Propl Paraben, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (orange) Extract, FD&C Blue #1. 
 
Formula: Foamy. It's a typical foam that turns liquidity if you wait too long! 

Scent: This has an earthy scent to it. It actually smells like another acne skin care cleanser that I've tried in the past.

What I did: I followed the directions, at first I was like, wait what, a rinse free cleanser? The heck? I tried it both as a cleanser then the next day I applied it after using my regular cleanser. I wanted to try it either way to see which would be best for me. However, I didn't use this both day and night as my skin is sensitive and can only handle acne treatments once a day.

Verdict: I had to stop using this. I had already used a product that contained parabens which was the cause of the initial blemish attack. Sadly, this product also, contains parabens. At first I didn't realize it and continued use. After not seeing any blemishes dissipate, I took a look at the ingredients and there were the two parabens mentioned. I'm sensitive to parabens which normally can be one of the causes for the onslaught of the blemish wars, that and hormones. The other issue I had, is what I've always had with cleansers that come from acne skin care lines, it dries out my skin. This is only when I rinsed it with warm water. When I used it just as the rinse free cleanser, my skin did feel slightly sticky.
After giving my skin a full 24 hours rest from any new skin care products, I introduced step 2 to it.

Relogy Natural Acne Treatment
Skin Balancing Lotion with Coconut Milk
100% Natural Skin Balancer with Coconut Milk is the ultimate side-effect preventer. It fights dryness and irritation with a level of hydration that's just right -- not oily at all. The natural healing, hydrating, balancing and rejuvenating effects leave your skin soothed and balanced (a step that ordinary acne treatments just leave behind). Relogy is total skin care in one easy system.
via Relogy Website

Ingredients: purified water, certified organic coconut oil, certified organic jojoba, emulsifying wax, glycerin, certified organic coconut milk, allantion, phenoxyethanal.  

Formula: Comes across as a heavy creamy moisturizer, but once blended into the skin it is light weight. It absorbs quickly.

Scent: Slightly earthy, slightly coconut. Nothing too powerful. I don't like the smell of coconut, but this doesn't bother me.

What I do: I've been using this in place of my heavy night moisturizer, or I've been combining the two. Using the heavier one on my cheeks and anywhere I don't get blemishes. While I use Step 2 on the areas that I tend to get blemishes as it dries much quicker than the other.

Verdict: I like this. I only use it at night though because my day moisturizer has SPF in it. You have to figure out how much pressure to apply to the pump. A full pump will give you too much, I learned the hard way. I tend to go with a pump that will product a pea-size amount, that will cover the lower half of my face and neck, then use a half a pea-size amount for my forehead.

The third item that I received in the package was the Targeted Acne Spot Treatment.

Relogy Natural Acne Treatment
Targeted Acne Spot Treatment with Seaweed Extract

Relogy's Targeted Spot Treatment with Seaweed Extract is dark spot correcting, helps to prevent scarring and boosts acne treatment results right where you need it!
 via Relogy Website

Ingredients: Water, Glycereth-18, Glycereth-18 Ethylhexanoate, Ethoxydiglycol, Salicylic Acid, Lactobacillus/Bean Seed Extract/Sodium Glutamate Ferment Filtrate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Hydrolyzed Chondrus Crispus (seaweed) Extract, Menthol, Bisabolol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanolm Ethylhexylglycerin

Formula: It's a clear liquid, dries quickly.

Scent: You can definitely tell that there is tea tree oil in it, the scent is there. 

What I do: I use this last in place of my regular blemish treatment, just rolling it over the areas.

Verdict: I'm 50/50 on this. I do like it and believe it has helped some correcting of dark spots. Combining this with the moisturizer, I do believe the combination help each other with trying to rid the skin of the blemish wars. What I don't like is that it is a roller ball. What? Roller balls and I don't get along unless it's a perfume. I tend to not be able to get the product on the skin and normally have to tilt my head back to get it working. Not to mention, I'm not terribly sure if a roller ball would be sanitary. Granted it is a metal ball, but couldn't bacteria get on it? I usually prefer an acne treatment that can be applied with clean fingers or with a Q-Tip.


Quick notes: Relogy is cruelty free AND vegan.

If you're interested in this acne treatment, you can order it from Relogy's website and get a 60-day supply (this would be step 1 & step 2) for $49.95 (S&H) plus you receive the spot treatment for FREE ($14.95 value). You also receive Relogy Guide to Clear Skin for FREE.

10 comments:

  1. Have you tried the Alba Botanica Acne Dote liquid cleanser? It's vegetarian and free of the nasty stuff, so it works well for me.

    That rollerball would make me suspicious, too. I'd prefer a pump or tube for a more sanitary application and storage option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your review of Relogy! We'd love to share some information regarding our Relogy product, which may be helpful to those with acne prone skin: Unlike a lip gloss or other cosmetic item, Relogy contains OTC anti-bacterial ingredients that prohibit bacteria from surviving inside of the rollerball container. The small, stainless steel rollerball acts like a ball-point pen would, delivering a small delivery of anti-inflammatory product to a highly targeted area -- the infected pore--without delivering unnecessary product to surrounding pores. Too much product an cause excess drying and formation of dark spots. Another purpose of applying directly to the skin with the rollerball is that any spot treatment that is applied to a finger first from the tube, then applied to a blemish, looses it's efficacy by up to 50%! To package a spot treatment in a pump or a tube (which are much less expensive packaging options, so companies use them a lot), means the product has to be thickened to a lotion or gel, which we believe is less helpful in clearing blemishes, and also delivers excess product to the skin around the blemish. This is why the Relogy spot treatment is a clear, less viscous liquid,delivered in a highly targeted manner. So, it's gentle, yet very effective. We actually believe that the perfect container for a spot treatment has yet to be invented -- but we are working on it! :)

    Because Relogy is an OTC drug, and has to remain effective, and stable over time, about 1/300th of 1 percent) parabens are employed as the best option to preserve the naturals and keep the product safe. Not widely known is that parabens are found in naturally in botanicals such as blueberries and grapefruit seed extract, which is used as a natural preservative. Of course, every person has to decide for themselves what to use on your body, give the scientific information available, and for how their own individual skin care needs!

    Again, thank you so much for your detailed review. Have more questions? We'd love to hear from you! You can email us at customer service@relogynow.com, or check out the information on our website at http://www.relogynow.com. XO, Relogy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You or This useful topic

    Read this article to discover how to usr tomatofor acne
    http://naturalacnetreatmentb.blogspot.com/2013/05/tomato-for-acne-natural-acne-treatment.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your article is very nice. I was suffering from Acne, since a long time. I started using Azelex generic cream 2 weeks back and I can see a lot of improvement in my Acne. This cream is very beneficial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are these products have any adverse effects on skin?Please let me know.
    -Matt
    buy roaccutane online

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your post !
    I thinks the best acne treatment in the world is no treatment. If you want to natural cure for acne, you can go to my video : Natural acne remedies

    Welcome to my Video, I offer you a gift to your Health at Description in my video

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't tried relogy to treat acne on my part but it I guess, it contains all natural ingredients. Based on your post, it contains Tea Tree oil which is known to cure acne effectively.

    How acne treatment reviews for men can help you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Thanks for sharing your acne story. You really inspired me. I will do my very best to use the products that you mentioned on your post. Thanks again!

    Natural Acne Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find this to feel like a simple yet effective cream. It is fast absorbing and non-greasy, making it the perfect moisturizer for summer. facial nyc

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...