30 May 2013

Review: Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer



Not too long ago (month, month & a half maybe), I set out to find another face primer after I had a reaction to the previous one that I had been using. Being careful to check what was listed under the ingredients, I finally found one!

I went back and fourth between a few primers while I was at Target one night, and settled on Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer 002. I was actually going to get 001, but it had parabens listed, plus it had a tint to it. I wasn't sure if it was an actual tint or not, but I put it back down after reading the back. 

So, the question is, how does the primer fair? The claims for this is that it is a 5 in 1 primer, but is it really 5 in 1?

Review time!



Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer

Foundation glides on more smoothly, more evenly and wears longer. Or wear alone for an all-day fresh and even complexion.
  • Smoothes to minimize pores
  • Resurfaces for an even complexion
  • Brightens skin all day
  • Mattifies and eliminates shine
  • Protects skin from environmental aggressors
via Rimmel London's website

Packaging: This is a pretty standard package, your basic white tube, with a blue twist cap. The 002 primer though has a blue design and lettering, while the 001 has purple/maroon. The amount of product that you get is 1fl oz. (30ml).

Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer

Ingredients: Aqua (Water) , Cyclopentasiloxane , Propylene Glycol , Talc , Dimethicone , Phenyl Trimethicone , Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Vinyl Dimethicone , Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , PEG 10/15 crosspolymer , Magnesium Sulfate , Phenoxyethanol , Caprylyl Glycol , Fragrance , Tocopheryl Acetate , Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone , Lecithin , Punica Granatum Fruit Juice , Vitis Vinifera Juice (Grape) , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Glycerin , Retinyl Palmitate , Sorbic Acid , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Dipropylene Glycol , Ascorbyl Glucoside , Hexyl Cinnamal , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Tocopherol , Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Silica , Dimethyl Silylate , BHT , Butylene Glycol , Sapphire Powder , Palmaria Palmate Extract , Sodium Hyaluronate , Hexylene Glycol

Scent: Oooh, there's fragrance here! The best way to describe it for me, is that is reminds me of decorative hand soaps. Not really the soaps you'd use to wash your hands with, but the soaps that were just simply there. Maybe that was just my other Grandmother. It has a very heavy floral soapy scent to it though to best describe it. And it can linger depending on the amount that you put on. I really wouldn't mind the floral scent, but the soapy scent that is mixed with it, is what bothers me. However, that is simply personal preference. I'm not terribly fond of soapy scents.


Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer

Texture/Formula: It's a creamy liquid. It doesn't really run, but it isn't thick either. The primer itself is a milky white that when blended into the skin becomes transparent. It goes on easy, but it really reminds me of putting lotion on my face. It doesn't sink in right away either. Once it does sink in, you don't really feel it on the skin, which is something I'm used to with primers.


Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer

So, wait, what about the claims?

Smoothes to minimize pores: Issue at here is, my pores aren't large to begin with, so I really couldn't tell if this was working.

Resurfaces for an even complexion: I didn't see a big change with my complexion. 

Brightens skin all day: Now, I'm all for anything that says it can brighten my skin. Sadly though, I didn't see any brightening. 

Mattifies and eliminates shine: I'm on the fence with this. It did mattify and eleminate the shine for a while. Roughly 4-5 hours into an 8 hour work day though, I began to see a break down of my foundation from oils around my nose and mouth. The foundation I use, I've never had it break down on me, so this really threw me. Namely because I could actually feel the oil. Hopefully that last bit makes sense.

Protects skin from environmental aggressors: Probably the most difficult claim (for me) to review. I truly can't say whether this is true or not.

Overall Verdict: I gave this primer a good month plus to see if it would work for me, and it just didn't. Which is a disappointment because I love Rimmel. But I couldn't see 3 of the 5 claims happening. 1 claim I'm not sure what to look for (maybe if the claim had been for SPF, it'd be different), and am on the fence about another because it works, but only for so long.  Basically (not even considering the scent), this isn't the primer for me, it could be a wonderful primer for someone else though.

Price: $5.49 at Target, price varies.

Availbility: Anywhere that Rimmel London is sold.

4 comments:

  1. I'm all for brightening the skin and keeping shine to a minimum. I use to use the MAC prep and prime and then tried the e.l.f. primer but I don't think I have settled on either one. Iv'e never even noticed this one so thanks for the review.

    I found your blog on the blog hop :)
    My link is http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    let me know if you want us to follow each other and stay connected :)

    have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not quite settled on a primer yet either, I swear it's like concealer, just can't find the right one. I'm trying the e.l.f. primer, had it for a few days, not quite sold on it yet.

      :D I'm following you via Bloglovin' :)

      Delete
  2. Found your blog through the "Meet me on the bright side" Beauty Blog Hop. Really enjoy it. I'll make sure to follow.

    x Linda
    http://lindaflorentine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...