07 May 2013

Review: Wet n Wild Coverall Cream Foundation




It's about time I got this review up and going! I had purchased this foundation in early April, and it's honestly the only foundation I've been using since I got it.

I've pretty much dubbed the Coverall my HG of drugstore foundations.

So without further ado, review!

Wet n Wild Coverall Cream Foundation
Glides on weightlessly for sheer-to-medium coverage that’s never heavy, chalky, or dull. Evens out flaws with a silky, semi-matte finish that let’s your skin’s natural luminescence shine through. Contains SPF 15 for the ultimate in anti-aging treatment.
  • All Day Wear
  • Medium-to-Full Coverage
  • Lightweight, Satin-Matte Finish
  • VisiBright™ Complex Reduces the Appearance of Wrinkles & Rejuvenates Skin
  •  

  • Wet n Wild Coverall Cream Foundation

    Packaging: A standard wide, plastic tube that fits 1.0fl oz of product. The center of it is clear so that you can see the shade of product that you're purchasing with accents in black.

    Wet n Wild Coverall Cream Foundation

    Shade: The shade that I picked up is the lightest shade Wet n Wild has to offer for this foundation, 815 Fair. Compared to how it looks in the tube, it's much lighter once applied, which is similar to how the Cover Girl 3 in 1 foundation. To me, when it dries down it does have a pink undertone that is visible, but it doesn't oxidize.
    Wet n Wild Coverall Cream Foundation

    Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Chloride, Lecithin, Chlorphenesin, 3-0-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Bisabolol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Dimethiconol, Sorbitan Laurate, Methylisothiazolinone, Dimethylmethoxy Chromanyl Palmitate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

    Wet n Wild Coverall Cream Foundation
    Texture/Formula: Cream. Pure and simple. At first it appears to be heavy, but once applied it's very light weight. It doesn't dry down quickly so you have time to work with it. Once it's dried down, it dries down to a beautiful satin-matte finish as Wet n Wild claims. Which, for me, is a finish that I like because it's not over the top matte, nor over the top dewy.

    Wet n Wild Coverall Cream Foundation
    Coverage: I honestly believe that this could fit into all three categories, sheer, medium and full. It really just depends on how much you use and how much you blend. This foundation, for me at least, seems very versatile with it. When I go for full coverage, the good thing is, it doesn't cake up. It doesn't look like I'm wearing too much make-up. I've tried the sheer coverage on my forehead because I do have fringe, and just putting the smallest amount on the brush and blending it all over works beautifully. It evens out the skin and still provides coverage.

    Wear Time: Here's my issue. The claim is All Day Wear. If you have an oily T-Zone, you will see a slight product breakdown (not terribly noticeable, but it's there). So after applying the foundation, I would definitely suggest setting it with some sort of translucent powder, or bring with you oil blotting tissues.
    
    Taken Thursday 5/02/13 @ 12:19pm
    Overall Verdict: I absolutely love, love, love this foundation! While it isn't flaw free, it reminds me of my HG Tarte foundation. The coverage is beautiful, it's buildable, plus the finish is beautiful. There's SPF in there as well which is another plus. I was on the fence when I first purchased it because I'm always iffy with drugstore foundations on color matching me, but this one is on par. There are no parabens in this foundation, plus there's no scent (at least not that I've noticed). Actually, I ended up picking this foundation over a high end foundation that I was planning on purchasing ;x

    As far as the claim of reducing wrinkles and rejuvenating the skin, I haven't noticed much of a difference, then again I'm using skin care products that are meant to help that as well, so it's very difficult for me to say whether this is helping or not.
    Price: $3.99
    Availability: Wherever Wet n Wild is sold.

    8 comments:

    1. Ooh, I am going to have to try this foundation. I've recently picked up a new foundation from Boot No 7 line and will be reviewing it soon at my blog.

      beautyandthetravelbeat.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I was actually looking at that line at Target, the lightest shade of the foundation though is too dark for me =\

        Delete
    2. Looks very nice, and I do like the price :) I also prefer a satin finish. Super-dewy foundations turn slick too quickly on me but the matte ones emphasize every line!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The price is awesome, haha. I can't stand matte foundation because they just dry out my skin even worse. It can get a tad oily in the t-zone, but blotting tissues or some powder can fix it.

        Delete
    3. I have about the same skin tone as you, it's so hard finding a shade light enough. I will have to check out this foundation next time I go to the store. At least I know it match me :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It really is difficult, especially for drugstore brands, can't test them or anything. I mean you could by breaking the seal, but that isn't fair to the store or to the person who is looking to purchase it.

        But this one is definitely amazing.

        Delete
    4. What a fab review! Over the last few years, I've actually just avoided foundation altogether, because it just tends to disappoint. It's often over-priced, smells odd, and by the end of the day, looks awful...and let's not even discuss the way the color doesn't match how it looks on/through the bottle, let alone your skin tone.

      Can you tell that foundation frustrates me? LOL.

      I will definitely try this out, though! This sounds great, and the price can't be beat!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I have this foundation. I got it for $2 at my local Dollar General. Being in highschool I'm on a budget. I love this foundation its my holy grail foundation. It covers everything. I don't even need to use concealer anymore. I have oily skin so I use powder and I don't notice it fading or getting oily looking.

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...