11 March 2013

Review: E.L.F. Baked Eyeshadows

I know that these products have been out for a while, reviews all around. Which is fine, I'm just adding my review in the constant revolving basket.

As I mentioned in my previous post, Haul: Target and Harmon, I picked up two of E.L.F.'s Baked Eyeshadows. Yay! My Target finally got them in! (Yes I'm 29 and still get excited over little things like this.)

E.L.F. Baked Eyeshadows
I ended up picking up Burnt Plum and Toasted from the Baked Eyeshadow collection at Target. They had 4 out of the 6 from E.L.F.'s Baked Eyeshadow collection, and I just gravitated towards these two to start off with (lets face it, I'll get the other two).


E.L.F. Baked Eyeshadows
Burnt Plum

E.L.F. Baked Eyeshadows
Toasted

Ingredients (as they appear on the website): Mica, Talc, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Paraffinum Liquidum (mineral oil), Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77077), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

Packaging: Being the Baked Eyeshadows are part of the studio line for E.L.F. they come in the standard black box packages. The actual eyeshadow package, I was slightly worried about the tops of both eyeshadows because they seemed a little flimsy. At first I thought they were the type of tops that simply snapped on to the bar in the back, but then realized that there is a metal bar going through, which eased my "oh my gosh I'm going to snap the top off!" mind.

Texture: To me, Burnt Plum has a much more silkier feel to it compared to Toasted. Toasted feels slightly rougher. Although the roughness doesn't translate to the eyes at all. 

Color: Burnt Plum is exactly as it sounds. It isn't a vivid plum and definitely has more of a reddish undertone to it. While Toasted is on the lighter scale, a taupe with a possible copper-esque look to it. Both are shimmers.

E.L.F. Baked Eyeshadows
Swatches

Final Verdict: I absolutely love these! The application was smooth, with no issues. And they blended beautifully into one another. I would definitely suggest though, use a primer! While I do believe these can do just fine without one (they are buildable), a primer simply makes them really pop! They can also be used wet as well, this I have not yet to try though.

Final Result
Other products used to finish off the look: PIXI Beauty Lid Last Shadow Pen in Shell Sheen, M.A.C. Mega Metal Shadow in Dalliance, M.A.C. Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline, N.Y.C. Volumizing Mascara in Extreme Black


Disclaimer: Products reviewed in this post were purchased by myself. Beauty Parfait is in no way affiliated with brands mentioned unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...