16 March 2013

Tutorial: Baked Greens for St. Paddy's Day!

Well, this was originally going to be a simple St. Patrick's Day eye make up, but circumstances happen and I managed to turn this into a still photo tutorial. What circumstances you ask? Oh, just me and my little ol' accident prone self. I was removing nail polish and managed to spray myself in the face with polish remover, getting a tiny bit in my eye. Rinsed for 15 minutes (luckily we have eye rinse cups in the house). Of course that rinsing resulted in my eye make up looking like a hot mess. But because of this, I was able to redo the eye and do this tutorial.


Lets begin! Please note, if you'd like to do this look, you can use whatever brands and colors that you want!


1. I started off covering my entire eyelid with Pixi Shell Sheen, I also brought it down along my lower lash line to make the colors that I put there pop as well.

2. Using Urban Decay Half Baked, I took it to a third on the upper lid, around the inner corner, then brought it almost 2/3s along the lower lash line (a particular look I was going for, you'll see why later).

3. Taking Maybelline Antique Jade, I swept that across the middle 1/3 of the eye, blending it into Half Baked, then took it from the outer corner and half way to the center of the eye on the lower lash line.

4. The final third, the outer corner or outer V, I used the emerald shade of Rimmel London's Green Sapphire  Quad palette (it's the one that's on the left side). This color appears emerald, but it is more of a black with an emerald sheen to it, so it can be deceiving in the palette. Working this into the outer corner, then into the crease, I swept this into the crease until it was about to the middle of the eye. Then worked only a small bit of this color on the outer corner of the lower lash line.

5. Touched up Antique Jade. I then ran Half Baked under Antique Jade on the lower lash line.

6. I wanted Half Baked to stand out a bit more, so I loaded up the very edge of my brush, and took it from the inner corner and into the crease, so it'd meet that dark emerald shadow from Green Sapphire.

7. Again, I feel silly for saying this, but I absolutely love using Rimmel London's Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in Blackmail as eyeliner. Whoops! I simply lined the upper and lower waterlines.

8. Then added my HG Mascara, N.Y.C. Show Time Volumizing Mascara in Extreme Black. I think two coats? Yeah, two coats. And that's it, done!


I hope you guys enjoyed! This was actually far easier than I thought it'd be.



3 comments:

  1. Oooh very festive, matches your eyes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I love the festive look :)

    I have just nominated you for the The Versatile Blogger Award - have a look at my blog for details!
    http://classicquirk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...