08 March 2013

Review: Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

I'm not due into work until 1pm, but I don't know if that will be happening because it's snowing!

Just for the record, I'm actually attempting a lip swatch this go around as well! Be afraid, be very afraid!


Ended up venturing to Target yesterday and picked up this Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in #001 Perfect Peony.

I'm not usually one for lip products, it's normally just a tinted lip balm and I'm gone. On occasion I will pick one up for one reason or another. For this one, the color caught my eye.

Doe foot applicator

Packaging: Sleek and sturdy. Almost giving an illusion that the real tube is encased in "glass". It comes with a doe foot applicator. BUT. Yes, but. While the outside is lovely, I have a severe issue with the "inside". I don't know if it's just mine, but there doesn't seem to be a stopper inside the tube to pull the excess liquid lipstick from the applicator. It just globs out and gets all over the place. Too much on the applicator, which results in too much around the lip of the tube.

Color: I'd have to say it's a mauve-berry. Definitely shimmer there, but not too much, just enough.
Swatch

Texture: It starts out very creamy and smooth. I was actually surprised. THEN it dries down to a matte-esque texture, and becomes rather sticky/tacky. I wasn't expecting that. It wasn't something that I really liked. The color makes up for it though.

Removal: I probably do the unconventional way of removal. Napkin. Yes, I normally just grab a napkin to remove my lipsticks. I shouldn't, but I do. This liquid lipstick actually stuck! After I finally got the liquid lipstick removed, it left my lips feeling very dry, with what felt like a residue left over.

Overall: I do like the color. I just didn't like how the liquid lipstick dried down. I'm sure it is workable though. Probably just adding a lipgloss or balm over it, might perk it back up.


Disclaimer: This product was purchased by myself. Beauty Parfait is in no way affiliated with the brand mentioned.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...