13 March 2013

Review: NYX Butter Gloss

NYX Butter Gloss
Can I just say how delighted I was that not only one, but TWO Harmons Discount stores I go to had the new NYX Butter Glosses? I may have scared some of the customers because of how excited I was.

The first Harmons I went to actually had very few to pick from (they were sold out of the popular colors). The second one, which is actually my local one, had every single color in stock!

Somehow I managed to limit myself to just two, and I'm thrilled with the two that I purchased.



NYX Butter Gloss Vanilla Cream Pie
Vanilla Cream Pie
NYX Butter Gloss Cherry Pie
Cherry Pie

Butter me up with divine gloss that feels like it melts on lips.

Description from the NYX website
Add a little more sweetness to your lips with a touch of the Butter Lip Gloss available in 12 scrumptious colors! Get creamy sheer to medium coverage on your lips without that sticky sensation. It’s perfect for every sweet tooth!
Packaging: What you get is a standard and sturdy lip gloss tube with a doe foot applicator. The main part of the tube (where the gloss is held) is clear so you can see the gorgeous color of each butter gloss. The cap also color coordinates (perfectly) to the color of the gloss. You get a total of 0.23g (6.5g) of product per tube.

Vanilla Cream Pie
NYX Butter Gloss Cherry Pie
Cherry Pie
Texture/Formula: Insanely creamy. Best described as well... butter. A tad sticky, but quite smooth. I actually found these to be quite moisturizing.

Scent: A light vanilla scent, almost reminds me of vanilla cake batter (yum!).

Lasting Power: While the color may wear off in probably about an hour or so, my lips stayed moisturized long after that.

Ingredients
Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1)

Pigmentation: While Vanilla Cream Pie definitely comes across as more opaque or medium pigmentation. Cherry Pie is a bit more sheer, but definitely has more coloring to it. It stood out much more compared to Vanilla Cream Pie.
NYX Butter Gloss Cherry Pie SwatchNYX Butter Gloss Vanilla Cream Pie Swatch

Verdict on Vanilla Cream Pie: This one is a mauve-pink. Medium coverage. Found my neutral color!

NYX Butter Gloss Vanilla Cream Pie
Vanilla Cream Pie
Verdict on Cherry Pie: Red. Plain and simple. Gorgeous red. A gorgeous red that doesn't make me look all... vampire like. Can you tell that I love, love, love this one? Cherry Pie does run more sheer than Vanilla Cream Pie, but still applies with enough pigmentation to be noticed.

NYX Butter Gloss Cherry Pie
Cherry Pie

Colors Available: There are a total of 12 colors available.
  • Strawberry Parfait
  • Éclair
  • Peaches and Cream
  • Merengue
  • Crème Brulee
  • Peach Cobbler
  • Tiramisu
  • Apple Strudel
  • Vanilla Cream Pie
  • Cherry Cheese Cake
  • Maple Blondie
  • Cherry Pie
Final Verdict: I'm not a lip person. If you look through my make-up stash, I seriously lack lip products. I'll normally just slap on some lip balm or my Fresh Lip Treatment and that's about it, but these. I love. The formula is amazing, they're glossy and moisturizing. I especially love Cherry Pie as I'm not someone who can normally wear anything red, unless it's toned down. Which is why I'm putting Cherry Pie as my HG for lip products. You cannot go wrong with these.

Price/Where to Purchase: $4.99 (Harmons Discount, Ulta) /$5.00 (NYX Cosmetics, Cherry Culture)

Note: NYX Cosmetics is cruelty free.



Disclaimer: Products mentioned in this post were purchased by myself. Beauty Parfait is not affiliated with brands mentioned.

4 comments:

  1. OOOh yum, cherry pie looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Vanilla Cream Pie one looks great for everyday wear! Especially if I'm just going out for a bit. I can't stand leaving the house without something on my lips, haha. But I also love reds like crazy, so I'd try to grab these two also like you did.

    Too bad we don't have them here! We have NYX, but very limited products...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanilla Cream Pie is definitely good for an everyday look, or if you're doing a smokey eye. Then again Cherry Pie could be worn with a smokey eye too being it's sheer enough to not be over powering.

      Is there any website you could order them from maybe?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...