25 April 2013

Review: Studio Gear Invincible Gel/Cream Eye Liner




The last item I received from Studio Gear is their Invincible Gel/Cream Eye Liner. I actually wanted to review this one last of the three because I wanted enough time to give it a real good go. 

Studio Gear Invincible Gel/Cream Eye Liner
My history with gel and/or cream eye liner is such, just smudging it into my upper water line. I've never attempted anything fancy. Once in a blue moon I would do a very thin line along the lashes, but that would be about it. Why is this? I have nerve damage in my right hand and tend to shake a lot, it progressively gets worse when I'm either stressed or trying to concentrate too long. I have come to the conclusion so long as I'm not trying to do an all out straight line, but dab it on, then I'm good. The other reason... my depth perception can be rather off. 

So, with that information, lets move on to the review!



 Studio Gear Invincible Gel/Cream Eye Liner
Always applies smoothly and evenly without skipping. INVINCIBLE offers just the right amount of “play time”, prior to setting, to create exactly the look you are trying to achieve. INVINCIBLE sets in approximately 60 seconds and once set, will not budge, or smudge, until it’s removed…hence the name…INVINCIBLE!
via Studio Gear Website 

Studio Gear Invincible Gel/Cream Eye Liner
Packaging: The eye liner comes in a .20oz (5.68g) jar. Clear glass with the Studio Gear logo in silver. Sturdy black cap that tightly twists on. Seems pretty air tight.

Studio Gear Invincible Gel/Cream Eye Liner
Ingredients: Isododecane, Propylene Carbonate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, BHT. May Contain: Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Chromium Oxide Green CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492)

Formula: I was actually surprised, it's a rather soft gel, and it glides on so incredibly smooth.

Studio Gear Invincible Gel/Cream Eye Liner
Swatch
Color: The Liner that I received is Invincible Onyx which is black, which is the back in the Invincible line. It is jet black and pigmented. Above swatches are just one passing.

Studio Gear Invincible Gel/Cream Eye Liner
Before using Invincible Onyx (and mascara)
Lasting Power: This liner lasts! The site says that it sets quickly (60 seconds), doesn't budge, or smudge. Everything that is said about this liner, is true. I haven't had it budge or smudge on me. It hasn't even transferred to above the crease either. I haven't even notice it fading. It is a pain in the butt to get off though! It's probably because I'm not using an oil based eye makeup remover, but WOW. It takes a bit of effort to get it off. Which is fine in my book.

Studio Gear Invincible Gel/Cream Eye Liner
Applied and taken at 7:26pm
Quick note: Yes I managed to do a cat eye with a flat eye liner brush, this is a first for me!

Overall Verdict: I love, love, love this eye liner! For a long time, the only cream eye liner that I would use, and that's e.l.f. Since receiving this eye liner from Studio Gear, I actually haven't touched my e.l.f. cream liner. It goes on smooth, it's insanely pigmented, doesn't budge, smudge and doesn't transfer. This is the eye liner that I'm going to continue to use trying to get the hang of doing a cat eye!

Studio Gear Invincible Gel/Cream Eye Liner
Taken at 11:41pm
Price: $16.00; if you use Parfait13 at check out, you'll receive 10% off your purchase!


Availability: Studio Gear Website or Ulta.com
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for free to review. I am not being compensated. All opinions within this post are 100% honest and are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the Meet Me on the Brightside blog hop! Great blog, new follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need a gel liner I shall check this out

    http://classicquirk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...