19 April 2013

Tutorial: Iron Man Mark 42/47 Inspired Eye Make-up

 

Red and gold time! Took me a little bit to figure out which Mark this was because I hadn't seen it anywhere despite it being the main armor in Iron Man 3. So far I've seen it as Mark 42 (XLII) and Mark 47 (XLVII). Can be that Mark 47 is simply the latest model of Mark 42. Ok, who's confused now? Raise your hand! I'm just going to call it Mark 42/47 to avoid confusion. 

The primary color for this armor is the gold, with the metallic "hot rod" red becoming an accent color. That's what I tried to do with this inspired look. Hopefully, it came out well. I was rather please with it at least!

Mark XLII/XLVII
1. To start, I primed my eye first using Milani Eyeshadow Primer. Then placed scotch tape, under my lower lashes at the corner of my outer eye so that I could get a nice crisp line. I did take some of the tackiness away by sticking the tape to the back of my hand twice.

2. Urban Decay Twice Baked. I wanted the red that I was going to use to be dark enough, so I start off with a base shadow. Using Twice Baked, I creased the "wing" then blended it into the crease, outer V and then smudged it along the lash line going all the way to the inner corner.

3. NYX Rust. In years past for Iron Man, I've always used Rust as the "hot rod" red, although it really isn't as metallic-y as I would like, it works fine though. I packed this on over Twice Baked, making sure all the brown was covered up.


4. I then removed the tape, getting the nice crisp line that I wanted. Going to Rust again, I smudged that along the lower lash line.

5. For the next steps, I used two different golds. First using Urban Decay Half Baked. I started filling and blending in the bare area going from the outer corner inward.

6. I then went over Half Baked with the gold half of Urban Decay OZ; taking both Half Baked and OZ down along the inner portion of the lower lash line, connecting them both to Rust and blending.

7. Because both Gold colors kind of washed out Rust, I went over again, with Rust to get the red to stand out again. I combined Rust with NYX Pearl Mania in Penny which is similar to Rust, but more glittery. I also took Gold OZ up above the crease, blending it from the tip of the wing around to the inner corner. I then used Illusion from Urban Decay to blend OZ upward.

8. For the inner highlight, I took (again for the Iron Man series!) the white blue shift of Aura from Urban Decay. Not pictured here is that I also took Aura and ran it along the underside of the wing to highlight it.

9. Liner time! I first used Rimmel London Scandaleyes in Blackmail, smudged it into my upper waterline and along my lower waterline. After that I took a very flat, straight eyeliner brush, loaded it with Studio Gear Invincible Onyx eyeliner and gingerly ran it along my lash line.

10. Last, but not least. Mascara!!! I used Studio Gear Impactfull Pro T.L.S. mascara (review coming). Two coats to the upper lashes, then coated the lower lashes. Then, you're done!

Products Used
  • Milani Eyeshadow Primer
  • Urban Decay Twice Baked
  • Urban Decay Half Baked
  • NYX Rust
  • NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Penny
  • Urban Decay OZ
  • Urban Decay Aura
  • Urban Decay Illusion
  • Studio Gear Eyeliner in Invincible Onyx
  • Rimmel London Scandaleyes in Blackmail
  • Studio Gear Impactfull Pro T.L.S. Mascara





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...