15 April 2013

Tutorial: Iron Man Mark 40 Inspired Eye Make-up

 

So, when I was planning on doing the second Iron Man tutorial, I was originally working with the Mark 2 design. That, however, is practically a chrome look... not exactly inspiring, at least for me. So, when the image of the Mark 40 was released on Facebook, the "Shotgun" armor, I went with that one. Really this could go with any of the silver/chrome/metal looking armors though.
 
This is actually the first time I'm doing anything like this, so I'm going out of my comfort zone, but I'm trying.
 
Mark 40 Hyper Velocity Suit "Shotgun"
 
1. I used Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe as my base. I knew I wanted to "wing" the color of the eye, I used the old scotch tape trick so I could get a straight edge. Extending Tough as Taupe out using an angle brush.
2. Next up, outlining. Using a straight edge liner brush, I gently outlined the crease of the eye using MAC's Carbon. First shot I used an angle liner brush and didn't like the results. I didn't line the entire crease, I skipped over the center, so basically I only lined or cut the edges of the crease.
 
3. Being this is based on Mark 40 which seems to have a slightly blue metal look to it. I used e.l.f. Baked Eyeshadow in Dusk and a flat eyeshadow brush to blend Dusk starting from the crease down, not bringing it down all the way, but fading it down. I tried not to disrupt Carbon as I want the black to stand out. I also didn't bring Dusk out onto the little "wing" that I creased, I simply shaded the outer v of the eye avoiding the other area (does that make sense?).
 
4. Taking Melt My Heart from MAC, I blended it in all over the lid, blending it into Dusk, then going back over with Dusk to make sure that deeper steel blue shade can be seen.
 
5. Of course I can't be happy with just one silver. I really wanted the silver to pop so I took the silver side of Urban Decay's OZ and went over Melt My Heart. Also here, I remembered about my lower lash line. I took the flat liner brush and went half way, as close to my lash line as I could, with MAC Carbon. Then took Melt My Heart along the rest of the lower lash line, also taking it under Carbon, then I repeated the process with the silver side of OZ.
 
6. Taking Rimmel London's Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in Blackmail, I smudged that into my upper lash line then along my lower water line. Feel free to add liner. I still haven't gotten the hang of it, which is why I normally smudge liner onto my upper water line.
 
7. For mascara I used e.l.f. Volume Plumping Mascara, upper and lower lashes. And then, done!

Next one is definitely going to be one of the red and gold armors.

And of course, I forgot to take a photo of the products used. Luckily, most appear in the still photo tutorials ;x

Products Used
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe
  • OZ from the Urban Decay Glinda Palette
  • E.L.F. Baked Eyeshadow in Dusk
  • Carbon from MAC
  • Melt My Heart from MAC
  • Rimmel London Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in Blackmail
  • E.L.F. Volume Plumping Mascara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...